Saturday 3 March 2007

Investigating Mebyon Kernow, Part Three - In Looe with no payment, Part One.

Part One of Investigating Mebyon Kernow is published here, Part two here.

My first proper meeting took place two months ago in a lay-by near Grampound Road. I had had some contact with a member of the Laddock Trern - I don't know how high he was in the Trern and it seems they like to keep rank very hidden from outsiders. I took my Dictaphone, camera , note pad and a real keenness to get as much information on MK as possible.


The meeting was set for ten pm. I parked up at ten to, and waited, sitting with the sound of Five Live just louder than the patter of rain on my car. At the exact appointed time, the minibus drove in and parked up. It was old and in need of painting or scraping. I sat, focused. Scared but focused. The lights of the minibus flashed once. It was a small flash, almost like a blink. I reacted instantly and flashed back. Back at me, an infinitesimal blink of light that signalled we were to meet. I got out of my car, pulling my collar around me to shelter from the rain.

Asberger's

As I walked to the other end of the lay-by I could see him leaning over to the passenger door and popping it. I pulled it open enough for me to lean in. He looked at me straight in the face and then scanned me up and down. He spoke, stubbing his rollie into the ashtray.

"You need MK?" he said, his voice muffled. I nodded.
"Get in then."

With another nod in the darkness, I entered, sat on the damp PVC seat and closed the door. For a few moments we sat in silence, the only sound the occasional car that went past on the other side of the hedgerow.


“Right, so what do he want?” he asked me, his accent thick and agitated. I thought for a moment and told him, trying to stay relaxed even though I was quite on edge. “I would like to find out about Mebyon Kernow”.

He looked at me quizzically and then looked down at the Dictaphone in my hand.

"Get out of the bus! Go on..." he started swearing at me then and, fearing for my life, I got out of the bus quite quickly. I walked across the car park, and he drove off before I had reached my car. In the moonlight, I could make out "Lords Taverners" displayed on the side of the bus. (Similar to the Freemasons and the Knights Templars, the Lord's Taverner's have occult connections with Mebyon Kernow.)
Part Three - In Looe with no payment, Part Two, will be published shortly.

No comments: